Catechism Class 2016-2017
We will have seven (7) class sessions between September and April:
- September 25 (Sunday)
- October 30 (Sunday)
- November 27 (Sunday)
- January 29 (Sunday)
- February 26 (Sunday)
- March 26 (Sunday)
- April 30 (Sunday)
All sessions will be from 6:00 – 7:30 pm. Parents, please plan to attend the first session on September 25.
Between each session, parents and students will be asked to watch a short video and complete several worksheets. Each worksheet will ask you to read the Bible and/or Small Catechism, answer questions, and discuss your faith with one another.
In addition to completing assignments and attending class, students are expected to fulfill the following requirements prior to Confirmation:
- Commit to attend worship on a regular basis; at least 50% of the time (2 out of 4 times a month)
- Provide leadership in worship a minimum of six (6) times per year (Acolyte, Usher, Crucifer, Greeter, Nursery Assistant, Welcome Center Co-host, etc.)
- Attend at least one Youth Group fellowship event each year (camp, retreat, concert, etc.)
- Complete 36 hours of service within the church and/or community over the course of 2 years.
- Faith paper (2-3 pages) due in the spring of your eighth grade year. Click here for faith paper requirements.
- Meet with pastor to discuss your faith paper