Oasis is a Sanctuary. The goal of Oasis Campus Ministry is to provide a place of rest where young adults can gather with open hearts and minds to explore God’s Word, ask questions, and grow in community with one another.
-A pleasant or peaceful area or period in the midst of a difficult, troubled, or hectic place or situation.
“God stilled the storm, calmed the waves, and he hushed the hurricane winds to only a whisper. We were so relieved, so glad as he guided us safely to harbor in a quiet haven. So lift your hands and give thanks to God for his marvelous kindness and for his miracles of mercy for those he loves!”
-Psalms 107: 29-31
Small Group Study – Our campus ministry small group is for students who are of college-age. We meet weekly on-campus and the topics vary. This year, we are focusing on The Wholeness Wheel and Spiritual Wellness. We meet on Thursday evenings from 7-8 PM in the Bowen Thompson Student Union, on the second floor near the belltower. Our last meeting of the semester will be April 19, 2023.
Wednesday Community Meal – The Wednesday Community Meal is a free weekly meal for anyone in the community. Every week, more than 100 meals are served by dozens of volunteers. Education opportunities, devotions, and activities for children are also offered weekly. Volunteers are always welcome to help! There are many different ways to get involved from cooking to serving to helping with the children’s activities, and even playing music!
Afterschool Homework Club – The Afterschool Homework Club is an opportunity for students from Crim Elementary to meet with a mentor to complete their homework and work on skill building activities in the areas of reading, writing, and math. This is for students in grades 3-5 and is offered weekly on Wednesdays from 3:30-4:45 PM. We are always seeking reliable volunteers who are willing to commit to building relationships with students from Crim.
What We Believe
- The eternal God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – creates and sustains all that exists.
- God’s truth is revealed to us in the Holy Bible – the only true standard of doctrine and life.
- God entered human history in the crucified and risen savior Jesus of Nazareth.
- We are saved by the grace of God alone through faith in Jesus Christ, who died to redeem us and give us eternal life.
- God acts for the redemption of all creation and changes lives through the Holy Spirit.
- We are called to make disciples and bring the hope of the gospel to all people.
- The Apostles’ & Nicene Creeds are faithful and historic summaries of our Christian beliefs.