Who We Are
St. Mark’s is a growing, vibrant, multi-generational community of faith, committed to providing people with a deep, personal connection with Jesus Christ. We are passionate about serving our community through open doors, acts of grace, inspiring worship, biblical teaching, and leadership development. We are continually growing in our discipleship as together we worship Christ and serve the world side-by-side.
We Believe …
- The Triune God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit creates and sustains all that exists
- God’s truth is revealed to us in the Holy Bible
- The Word of God is the authoritative source and norm of our proclamation, faith, and life
- God entered human history in the crucified and risen savior Jesus of Nazareth
- We are saved by the grace of God alone through faith in Jesus Christ, who died to redeem us and give us eternal life
- God acts for the redemption of all creation and changes lives through the Holy Spirit
- As the Body of Christ in the world today, the church is called to make disciples and bring the hope of the gospel to all people
- The Apostles’, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds are true declarations of our Christian beliefs
In Christ, We Reach Up, Reach Out, Reach In
The mission of St. Mark’s is not just a slogan, it’s a description of who we are and what we aspire to be: a community rooted in Christ, striving toward the upward, outward, and inward goals to which He calls us.
We are known in our community for open doors, acts of grace, inspiring worship, biblical teaching, and growing leaders. We believe that Christ calls us to serve the current needs in our community, without compromising our faith or values. In this way, we communicate the good news of Jesus Christ to our society in ways it can understand.
We are committed to growing disciples through deep personal reflection and strong interpersonal connections with other believers. We believe that all people matter to God, and therefore, loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life.
Intentional relationships with other Christians shape us as disciples and enable us to live into the identity Christ created for us.
God uses worship to immerse us in his unconditional love and transform us into children of God.
We are called to live generously in every aspect of our lives by giving more of our time, love, forgiveness, and resources to others.
Vocations are the roles and responsibilities to which God calls us. As we faithfully live out our vocations in the world, God works through us to bless and serve others in our homes, our jobs, our communities, and our church.